Microsoft Certified Data Engineer Track
In 10 weeks, this course will equip you with in-demand skills for your career as a Data Engineer. Learn with Instructor-led training days, comprehensive guides, weekly check-in moments with mentors. Earn 2 Microsoft certificates.
Next start date
25 March 2024
38 hours per week
38 hours per week
Need financial support to follow this track?
Fear not, there are many funding and subsidy opportunities available to help you on your journey toward your brand-new career in tech. We’ve made a list of funding and subsidy opportunities for you.
Become a Microsoft Certified Data Engineer
Do you aspire to play a role at the heart of data transformation, harnessing the power of Microsoft Azure to orchestrate, analyze, and present data? Begin your journey with our 10-week training and transform yourself into a Microsoft Certified Data Engineer.
Immerse yourself in the essence of cloud solutions and data architecture. Dive deep into the core of Microsoft Azure, from designing storage solutions to developing advanced data processing mechanisms. And that’s just the start! Enhance your knowledge with Python, unravel the mysteries of SQL, and become proficient in the fundamentals of GitHub.
Beyond the technical skills, our unique Career Skills Track offers a comprehensive dive into your professional development. Hone your soft skills, craft a strong personal brand, bolster your consultancy skills, and optimize your application process. Whether you aim to climb the career ladder, strengthen your existing skills, or prepare for a data-driven future: the Microsoft Certified Data Engineer Track equips you with the tools and knowledge you need.
And the cherry on top? Vouchers for the official Microsoft AZ-900 and DP-203 exams are included, along with the opportunity to crown yourself with the official Techionista Data Engineer Certificate.
Are you ready for the next step in data engineering? Sign up now and chart your course to a future as an expert in the field.
The benefits of the Data Engineering in Azure (DP-203) track
- Engaging Live Training & Guided Self-Study: Dive into 4 live, in-depth training days on DP-203, a data fundamentals day, an exam prep session, and a half-day on career skills. Throughout the three-week journey, complement your learning with structured self-study using the comprehensive materials we provide.
- Ace the Exam with Confidence: Secure your exam voucher for the official Microsoft DP-203 exam and even a retake, valued at € 330.
- Unlock Premium Learning: Enjoy 6 months of access to a premium DataCamp account worth € 140.
- Sharpen Your Soft Skills: Master communication and collaboration in our Career Skills session tailored for T-shaped professionals.
- Prep Like a Pro: Access our practice exams to gear up for the Microsoft DP-203.
- Kickstart & Conclude in Style: Join our kick-off and wrap-up events, unlocking insights into your next career and study milestones.
- Your Exam Blueprint: Benefit from our detailed guides packed with tips to excel in the exam.
- Celebrate Your Milestones: Upon completing the track, you’ll be awarded the esteemed ‘Certified Data Engineer’ certificate from Techionista, marking your dedication and effort. Take your achievements further by acing the official Microsoft exam to proudly secure the “DP-203: Data Engineering on Microsoft Azure” certification.
What you will learn
Do you want to master the world of cloud solutions and Microsoft Azure? If so, this training is for you! Our ‘Microsoft Certified Data Engineer’ training is an intensive program in which you’ll learn both the fundamentals and advanced aspects of data engineering in the Azure cloud.
In the first part, you’ll delve into cloud concepts, Azure architectural components, and Azure services such as compute, networking, and storage. Furthermore, you’ll gain insights into the security, management, and governance of Azure.
The second part of the training focuses on assisting stakeholders in understanding data through exploration. You’ll master the integration, transformation, and consolidation of data from various systems. In this process, you’ll utilize various Azure data services and frameworks to produce cleansed and enhanced datasets for analysis. Additionally, you’ll learn how to design, implement, monitor, and optimize data platforms to meet data pipeline requirements.
But that’s not all. We recognize that ‘soft skills’ are as crucial as technical knowledge. That’s why you’ll also participate in a career skills track. This includes 30 hours of live training and on-demand content on subjects such as communication, consultancy, resume building, LinkedIn optimization, and interview skills. Techionista Academy places a high emphasis on educating T-shaped profiles and has thus incorporated career skills into its technical training programs. These skills aim to enable participants to integrate seamlessly into any organization or project they join.
Doesn’t that sound like the ideal next step in your career?
Here’s an overview of the modules you’ll cover:
AZ-900: Microsoft Azure Fundamentals
- Cloud Concepts: Discover what cloud computing is, understand how different cloud models operate, and learn about the security and pricing considerations involved.
- Azure Architecture: Understand how Azure organizes resources. Create and manage your own resources within subscriptions and management groups.
- Azure Services: Familiarize yourself with a range of Azure services, including compute and networking services, storage services, and services for identity, access, and security management.
- Azure Management Principles: Learn about data management in the cloud, explore the best tools and practices for deploying your resources.
DP-203: Data Engineering in Microsoft Azure Cloud
- Develop data storage solutions: Design and implement various types of solutions to meet data retention and performance requirements
- Manage and develop data processing: Use Azure Databricks to build big data processing solutions, stream data processing solutions, and data pipelines
- Analyze real-time data: Learn how to use Azure Stream Analytics to analyze, process and visualize streaming data
- Monitor and optimize data solutions: Monitor data storage and processing to identify issues, optimize data solution performance, and improve data quality
- Implement security and data privacy: Learn how to protect sensitive data, ensure compliance with regulations, and minimize the risk of data breaches
- Implement Azure services for data solutions: Use various Azure services such as Azure Synapse Analytics, Azure Data Lake Storage, and Azure Stream Analytics to develop and deploy data solutions
Career Skills Track
- Career Skills Foundations: Delve into understanding your personality, enhancing your ability to communicate, and fostering collaboration in the workplace. Throughout this journey, you’ll uncover the importance of effective learning strategies, the transformative power of adopting a growth mindset, and the significance of improving collaboration and communication through the DISC framework.
- Personal Branding: Discover how to best represent yourself, whether on your resume, LinkedIn, or during a networking opportunity. Learn how to make an impact with your elevator pitch, elevate your resume to the next level, and optimize your LinkedIn profile.
- Consultancy Skills: Enhance your advising abilities with our three-part consultancy training. Dive into effective communication, relationship building, conflict resolution, and time management.
- Job Preparation: Set yourself on the path to your dream job by learning how to tackle challenging interview questions and negotiate your salary and benefits. Additionally, gain confidence in presenting yourself to potential employers and master the art of negotiating to achieve the salary you truly deserve.
- GitHub: Learn the fundamentals of GitHub, a popular web-based platform that allows you to store, manage, and share your code with others. But perhaps the most valuable aspect of GitHub is the ability to showcase your work. By hosting your projects on GitHub, you can demonstrate your coding skills and share your portfolio with hiring managers.
- Python: Learn how to use Python to extract and transform data, create visualizations, and understand its context within big data. Gain hands-on experience with libraries such as Pandas, Matplotlib, and Seaborn.
- SQL: Learn to interact with data and databases to extract the information you need for analysis. Learn to manipulate, clean, organize, and combine datasets to lay the foundation for your analysis.
How you will learn?
We offer instructor-led courses and online modules hosted on our LMS. You’ll also receive comprehensive guides with additional resources and other tailored learning materials.
Support and guidance
You’ll get instructor guidance, full Techionista team support, and join a community of like-minded fellow students, willing to help each other out
Planning and schedule
ou’ll study full-time, with a mix of structured and self-paced modules. A handy schedule is provided to assist with planning and pacing.
You are the perfect match when you are...
It’s important that you have some analytical aptitude (for example, a knack for mathematics). Experience with tools like Excel or programming languages is definitely a plus.
We estimate that you need to have an academic (thinking) level for this training. You do not have to prove this to us with a University diploma; it is also possible that you reached this level through your work experience.
Laptop or computer
We recommend you have Office 365 or 2021 installed, but any version after 2010 should work. We also recommend having a second screen so you can efficiently attend live training sessions while doing lab work on a second screen.
You have a growth mindset: you don’t see problems but challenges. You are assertive, communicative and eager to learn. You can handle setbacks and are flexible.
We believe in age diversity, so there is no such thing as too young or too old. Everyone is welcome!
This training takes place in Dutch or English. The study material is always in English. A good command of the English is therefore also important.
What was her experience?
A career switch is a really big step. Techionista Academy was the push I needed to make the transition to the world of Big Data and AI. I can say that I have not regretted it for a minute. Almost immediately after completing the Academy I was able to start working as a Data Scientist. During the Academy you will learn almost everything about working with data (from coding to security and from dashboarding to storage). Working in IT means a lifelong learning, and the Techionista track is a very good place to start
Alumni | Data Engineer
IT's about time